TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Sabarimala: Police Told Mediapersons To Vacate Sannidhanam, Pamba
- Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite With 8 GB RAM Spotted On TENAA With Improved Cameras
- This Beautiful Town In Uttarakhand Is All You Need To Relax
- Did You Know That Cayenne Pepper Can Boost Hair Growth?
- BREAKING! Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Confirm Their Wedding Date; Release Official Statement
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs Windies, 1st ODI, Highlights: Kohli And Rohit Fire India To Comprehensive Win
- AIIMS Delhi Recruitment 2018 For 2000 Nursing Assistants
By: Settu Shankar
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Director Ameer's heroine hunt is comes to an end. The director turned actor is finally settled with Madhumitha for his debut film as a hero 'Yogi'. She will play the young ladylove of Ameer in this much-expected film.
Directed by Subramaniam Siva, Yogi is a remake of a Malayalam film. Initially this film has said to be directed by Samuthirakaani, a former associate of Ameer. But later Ameer handed over the project to Subramaniam Siva, the director of Thiruda Thirudi.
Ameer and Subramaniam Siva have been searching for a suitable heroine for this venture for more than 3 months. As the story needs a young girl in the appearance of 13-14 years old, the director even visited many of the fashion shows held in Mumbai. But he found difficult to get a suitable actress for that role. Finally, Ameer suggested Madhumitha's name, after watching her movie 'Englishkaaran' in a Channel.
Madhumitha, the model turned actress was introduced by Parthiban in his Kudaikkul Mazhai, a couple of years ago. But the actress found difficult to get offers from Kollywood and shifted her focus to Telugu and Kannada films. She is currently acting in films including 'Nalvaravu' and 'Arai En 305il Kadavul'.