TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India’s Crorepatis Have Increased By 60 Per Cent: CBDT
- How To Avail 20% Discount On iPhone XR Purchase
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- Homemade Aloe Vera Moisturiser For Oily Skin
- Radhika On #MeToo: I Love That This Movement Has Come Here!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Deodhar Trophy: Chance For Ashwin, Rahane, Raina And Karthik To Remain In ODI Reckoning
- Rupee In Trouble With Year-end Forecast At 76.50 Per US Dollar
By: Settu Shankar
Saturday, October 06, 2007
It was mandatory in the 80's that a film should come at least with a rape scene and an item number. The same trend is returning again and some of the forthcoming Tamil films like Nepali, Pazhani are having such rape scenes. In Nepali, Meera Jasmine gets 'raped' by the villain and in Pazhani the sister of the hero too gets raped.
Very recently, Tamil actress Bhavana had the experience of a rape attempt by villain Ashish Vidyarthi for her Telugu film 'Ontari'. The film will be released simultaneously in Tamil too. Bhavana had returned to the shoot after a hectic schedule in Srilanka for the movie 'Vaazhthukal', had to shoot without a break for this Telugu movie.
The scene was shot on the beaches of Vishakapatnam. The goons of a local MLA chase her on the shores and attempt to rape her. When local people heard that an 'attempted rape' scene is going to be filmed on their shores, that too with Bhavana, they were more than eager to turn up and witness it. They didn't stop with witnessing alone.
They also began making worst and nasty comments on the actress. After heard all these, the actress got irritated and refused to continue the shoot further. The crewmembers of the film has cleared the crowds with the help of local police and informed the same to the actress. Then only Bhavana returned to the sets and co-operated with the 'rape attempt'. Later Bhavana said, "The comments of visitors are more notorious than the attempt to rape scene!"