- Mohanlal's Marakkar – Arabikadalinte Simham: The Film To Feature These Popular Actors As Well?
- Mohanlal & Priyadarshan To Team Up For The Biggest Ever Project In The History Of Malayalam Cinema!
- OH NO! Priyadarshan's Next Movie Isn't With Mohanlal?
- WAIT! Mohanlal-Priyadarshan Team's Kunjali Marakkar Is NOT Shelved!
- Is Mohanlal's Kunjali Marakkar On Cards? Priyadarshan Answers!
- CONFIRMED! Mohanlal-Priyadarshan Team’s Next Will Be A Period Movie!
By: Settu Shankar
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Top actress Genelia has confirmed her participation in Priyadarshan"s Hindi film yesterday. She will act with Akshay Khanna in a film laced with comedy. Paresh Rawal too will be acting in the movie. Genelia, who began her career with Hindi films like Tujhe Meri Kasam and Masti, later moved on to Tamil and Telugu films where she made a mark.
Now she is the numero uno actress in Telugu and is a well known leading actress in Tamil despite all her Tamil movies being flops. At present, Genelia is acting in 2 Tamil films including 'Jayam' Raja- Ravi's mega venture Santhosh Subramanyam. After taking a break from the film shooting, the actress in Priyadarshan"s Bollywood film. The film, which is touted to be an all-out comedy with Priyadharshan will hit the floors November second week onwards after Diwali.
Genelia told: "Many have thought that I'm new to Hindi cinema. Being a Mumbai girl, I'm proud to act in my own language films. In fact, I had already done a couple of movies in Hindi. Acting under the direction of the egendary Priyadarshan, I hope that I restart my Bollywood career." Genelia had recently opted out of Goutham Menon's film Vaaranam Aayiram, (in which she was cast opposite Surya) in order to get this role. The film, which is untitled as of now, will be produced by Shemaroo Films.