TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Normally, Tollywood loves to release new films on Shankranthi. The day is considered very auspicious and films released on Shankranthi usually do very well at the box office. Some of the biggest blockbusters in Telugu were released on this day.
But this year, there seems to be some hesitation in releasing films on Shankranthi.
Balakrishna postponed the release of his 'Maharadhi'. The film might get released before the end of this month. Only two notable films hit the theatres for Shankranthi- 'Yogi' with Prabhas and Nayantara and 'Desamuduru' with Allu Arjun in the lead role.
The films are doing reasonably good business. Their biggest competitors are the films that were released at the end of last year- 'Annawaram' and 'Rakhi'. It looks as if 'Rakhi' has a subtle lead over 'Annawaram'.
Though not many films were released, lots of new films were launched on Shankranthi. Tollywood is now very curious about 'Maharadhi' and its fate at the box office.