TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- KCR Takes Oath As Telangana Chief Minister
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- India vs Australia, 2nd Test: Preview, Where To Watch, Timing, Squads & More
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
Friday, November 23, 2007
The Telugu version of Surya-Asin starrer Vel (Deva) is facing a trouble while releasing. Tamil films, dubbed in Telugu, have always made good business in Andhra Pradesh. Now, it is a regular practice to release majority of big films featuring young heroes like Surya, Vishal, Vikram and Jayam Ravi simultaneously in Telugu have done good in the box office, along with their Tamil versions. Even top actor's films also postponed whenever a Rajini starred film is releasing in the state!
Surya is one of the celebrated non-Telugu heroes among Telugu fans. His Ghajini has done good business there. Following Ghajini, his Deepavali release Vel got ready as 'Deva' with songs and dubbing work completed. But the release date has been postponed as there is no theatre available to release Deva. In fact theatre owners are not shown any interest in releasing the movie. Distributors and producers connected with the Telugu release are pretty worried over the delay.
But the real reason behind the problem is the strong but silent protest of Telugu Cinema Association against the release of dubbed Tamil box office hits in Andhra. They thought that Tamil films are affecting the success of many original Telugu films. Recently many Telugu films released in Andhra. Among these the only successful film is Happy Days. Many top actors films including Mahesh Babu's Athithi also failed to make profit in the box office.