TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Nissan Motors Chairman & Renault CEO Carlos Ghosn Arrested For Misrepresenting Funds
- Flipkart Mobile Bonanza Offers: Heavy Discounts Available
- Deepika Padukone's Mangalsutra Gets All The Attention — Here Are The Pics
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
It was meant to be the celebrations to mark the completion of 75 years of Telugu films, but it turned out to be an open clash of egos.
The highlight of the event was the big debate over the definition of 'Legend' and the outburst from an otherwise polite Chiranjeevi! It didn't stop at that. Fans of the Megastar were quick to react by burning effigies of Mohan Babu.
The event began on the 26th of January and went on until the 28th. Leading politicians of the state were to attend the function. There were plans to honor four legendary film personalities.
Two young heroes were conspicuous by their absence- Mahesh Babu and NTR. Mahesh Babu stayed away from the function because he wasn't happy with the organizing committee. There was a personal reason too. Mahesh Babu was really irked by the way they had invited his father to the function. NTR stayed away because he didn't like the song.
After questioning the definition of "Legend", Mohanbabu has earned both friends and enemies. There are many who appreciate his nerve in questioning such things. There were many who felt that the actor shouldn't go about blowing his own trumpet so loudly. Mohan Babu was saved from further troubles only because he didn't specify any names in his speech, but everybody knew who he was hinting at.
Chiranjeevi, who is very diplomatic in his dealings, couldn't exactly hold his words back. Diplomacy was tossed out of the window.
By the time the event ended, one thing was very clear- groupism has now become an undeniable fact in Tollywood.
But it's really disheartening that groupism had to raise its ugly head at an event that was organized to mark the platinum jubilee of Tollywood.