TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Uppu Shobhana Chalapathy Rao was born on 14 January 1937 and made his debut in film Daivabalam directed by Vasanthkumar Reddy, but the first film that hit the screen was Bhakta Sabari. He got married to Kanta Kumari on May 15, 1958.
Shobhan Babu is one of the few actors, who worked opposite politician Jayalalitha. Though Shobhan Babu quietly exited from the silver screen, he was a big hit back in his days. His film Manushulu Maarali ran for 25 weeks, which was a record-breaking achievement in those days.
Although, Shobhan Babu was a widely acknowledged actor down south, he was never in favour of any of his children pursing acting as a career. He invested all his earnings safely in real estate business and settled down peacefully in Chennai.
He had received Filmfare Award four times, Nandi Award five times, AP Cine Goers Award eight times of which he bagged the award consecutively for six years from 1970 to 1975. The real surprise is that the Telugu actor won the Madras Cine Fan's Association's best actor award 9 times in his 40 years long career.