TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- Royal Enfield 650cc Models To Launch In India Today
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Broke Down At Her Mehendi Ceremony
- ATP Finals: Federer Is Back On Track
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
Pooja Hegde, who was crowned as the Miss Universe India 2010 second runner up, made her debut in films with Mysskin's Mugamoodi (Tamil), which garnered rave reviews from film critics and viewers. Now, this Mangalorean beauty is heading to make debut in Telugu film industry. She will be seen romancing young actor Akkineni Naga Chaitanya in his upcoming Tollywood film.
Vijay Kumar Konda, who rose to fame with a successful Telugu directorial debut Gunde Jaari Gallanthayyinde, will direct Naga Chaitanya in his next film. Talking about Pooja Hegde, the director said, "We have been looking for a fresh face and Pooja fits the bill. We have almost confirmed her, but are yet to make an official announcement. It is expected to happen anytime soon." He added, "The film will be a romantic entertainer like my last film. We are expected to start shooting from November onwards."
Pooja Hegde was born and brought up in Mangalore, Karnataka. She is fluent at speaking English, Hindi and Tulu. She attended her college at MMK College, Mumbai. She is a trained Bharata Natyam dancer. She has starred alongside Jeeva in her debut Tamil movie Mugamoodi. If everything goes as per plans, the model-turned-actress will be seen with Naga Chaitanya in her first Telugu movie.