TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Nirbhaya Death Anniversary — A Timeline
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test; Day 3 — Full Updates
- Banks May Be Closed For Five Days From December 21
- How To Use TRAI DND iOS App To Block Spam Calls
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Kulasekhar, who is one of the popular lyricists in the Telugu film industry, has been sentenced to jail over the theft charges. The lyricist was facing charges of stealing a silver headgear of Lord Hanuman from a temple in Kakinada. He was recently arrested by the police after they felt suspicious about him.
It is reported that the silver headgear from the Tripurasundari temple in Kakinada had gone missing a few months ago. During the investigation, the Kakinada police found Kulasekhar guilty of stealing the headgear. They had arrested him and produced him before the Fifth Additional Magistrate. After hearing his case, the Kakinada court has recently sentenced the lyricist to six month jail.
Kulasekhar has penned lyrics for nearly 100 Telugu films and won critical acclaim for his songs. He is known for his songs in the movies like Chitram, 10th Class and Gharshana. He had even tried his hand at direction through the movie Prema Lekha Rasa. It was rumoured that after the failure of this film, he would direct another film, which will be produced by SV Babu under the banner of SV Productions.
It should be recalled here that Kulasekhar was reportedly suffering from mental disorder and he could not recognise the people. Following this, he had reportedly been staying away from film industry.