TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "If 10 Parties Gang Up Against One, Imagine Who's Stronger?" — Rajinikanth
- OnePlus 7 Concept Render: Triple-Camera With In-display Selfie
- KTM 390 Adventure India-Launch Details Still Unclear — EICMA 2018 Disappoints Fans
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Wedding: This Video From Lake Como Is Breathtaking
- This Is How You Should Financially Plan For A Vacation
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
- NZ Trip Is Good For Test Regulars, Says Rahul Dravid
In an exclusive interview with IANS, RP Patnaik said, "I started my career as a music composer and, therefore, I can never stop being one at heart. I have stopped composing music for other films, but I still compose music for my own films." He added, "Since I'm busy being a director, I don't find time to compose music for other films."
His latest venture Thulasidhalam is a horror-thriller based on the barbaric murder of 10-month-old Indian girl Sanvi. Patnaik, who is a post-graduate in Space Physics, says, "I play a paranormal doctor in the film, which is loosely based on the murder of 10-month-old girl Sanvi. It is not entirely based on the incident, but we have partly touched upon it to build some tension in our narrative."
When asked about what lured him to directing films, RP Patnaik says, "I wanted to direct for quite some time now. All these years, I was busy composing music and carving an identity for myself in the industry. However, I have dedicated the last few years of my life writing and directing films."
Completely shot in Las Vegas, Thulasidhalam is getting ready for May release. It is currently in the post-production stage. Talking about his future project, RP Patnaik said, "I'm busy finishing my next film on the US Amish community. The film is nearing completion and will very soon hit the theatres."