- Malayalam Movies 2017: Popular Actresses Who Made A Comeback To Mollywood!
- ChaiSam Wedding: The Celebrations Kick-Start
- MUST READ! Jayasurya Is All Praises For Manju Warrier’s C/O Saira Banu!
- C/O Saira Banu Movie Review: Inspiring Tale Of A Mother!
- Manju Warrier's C/O Saira Banu: 5 Reasons To Watch The Movie
- WOW! Mohanlal To Appear In Manju Warrier's C/O Saira Banu?
Actress Amala Akkineni is all set to follow the footsteps of her husband Nagarjuna, who made his debut on small screen with the reality TV show Meelo Evaru Koteeswarudu. Yes! You guess it right. She will soon foray into TV industry with a daily soup. Interestingly, this is not a Telugu serial, but it is Tamil soap. The actress herself has confirmed the news about her debut in small screen industry.
Amala Akkineni was in the 61st Idea South Filmfare Awards South in Chennai, when she spoke about her debut serial. Talking to a leading English daily, the actress said that she is playing a doctor in the serial and she has already started shooting for it. "I have just started shooting for this show named Uyirmei that will see me essay the role of a doctor," Times of India quotes Amala as saying.
The wife of Akkineni Nagarjuna added, "I juggle so many hats that it takes something really special to convince me to get back to acting in films or TV serials. In this case, I just fell in love with the script of the show and I couldn't say no when I was approached for the role. The entire story revolves around the lives of 12 doctors, their lives, families and patients. Hopefully, it will go on air in mid August."