TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 Will Not Feature An In-display Fingerprint Sensor
- Sisupalgarh Near Bhubaneswar – The Fort Built Before The Common Era
- How To Give Your Bedroom A Makeover
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Storms Out When Asked About #MeToo; Leaves Everyone Shocked With Her Action
- Mahindra Marazzo Receives 10,000 Bookings Within A Month — Waiting Period Now Six Weeks
- India Vs West Indies: Probable India XI For 1st ODI In Guwahati
- Gold Demand Weakens Amid Festivities As Prices Hit Over 2-Year High
Deva Katta's latest directorial venture Autonagar Surya has received a decent opening in Andhra Pradesh and other parts of the globe. Despite facing tough competition from Hindi movie Ek Villain, the Naga Chaitanya and Samantha starrer political thriller has made a superb collection at the worldwide Box Office in the first weekend. It has topped the business chart in the state.
Having been delayed for long time due to financial problems, Autonagar Surya released in a large number of cinema hall across the globe. It opened to a decent response with its occupancy ranging between 50% and 60% in the morning show on Friday. The movie ran to packed to houses in some theatres in urban areas in the state. Its business improved well in the afternoon and evening shows.
Autonagar Surya garnered positive response from both film critics and viewers and word of mouth was expected to take its business upwards on Saturday, but the movie witnessed decline in its collection. However, it showed a decent rise in its numbers on Sunday. The movie has collected approximately Rs 6. 85 crores nett at the global Box Office in the first weekend. Its breakup is Rs 2.2 cr on Fri, Rs 2 cr on Sat and Rs 2.65 cr on Sun.
Autonagar Surya is one of the most awaited Telugu movies of 2014. Prior to its release the trendy music, impressive trailer and dialogue promos of the movie had created lot of curiosity among the film goers across the globe. Expectations were high for the action entertainer, but the film seems to have failed to convert hype into big bucks.