TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Samsung Might Put A 6.6-Inch Display On The Galaxy Note 10
- Off-Beat Places That Make Nagaland A Unique State
- ‘Lion-Faced’ Man Underwent Transformation After Life-Changing Surgery
- #MeToo: Kangana Ranaut Slams Karan Johar — "He Always Has Views About Gym Looks, What About This?"
- KTM 125 Duke To Be Introduced In India Very Soon
Superstar Mahesh Babu's much-awaited movie Aagadu, which is likely to hit the screens in September, is setting a new record much before its release in theatres. The satellite rights of the Srinu Vaitla-directed film have been sold for a bumper price to Gemini TV. With this, the film has smashed the record of Pawan Kalyan's Attarintiki Daredi by bagging a the highest price ever in Telugu film industry.
According to reports, 14 Reels Entertainment has sold the satellite rights of its latest productions Legend and Aagadu to Gemini TV, which acquired the rights of both the film for a whopping price of Rs 16 crores. While the rights of Legend cost Rs 5.25 crores, Aagadu rights were bought for Rs 9.75 by the channel. The trade experts in Telugu film industry say that this is the highest price paid for the rights of any Telugu movie.
Having bagged Rs 9 crores from its satellite rights, Power Star Pawan Kalyan's Attarintiki Daredi was in the top place on the list. Now, Aagadu has pushed it down to the second place. The reason for paying a such big price for the rights is that this movie is coming from the team of Blockbuster movie Dookudu. In addition, the movie has been creating positive buzz in the media ever since the director announced it.