TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Samsung Might Put A 6.6-Inch Display On The Galaxy Note 10
- Off-Beat Places That Make Nagaland A Unique State
- ‘Lion-Faced’ Man Underwent Transformation After Life-Changing Surgery
- #MeToo: Kangana Ranaut Slams Karan Johar — "He Always Has Views About Gym Looks, What About This?"
- KTM 125 Duke To Be Introduced In India Very Soon
Highly-anticipated Akkineni family drama Manam has cleared the formalities of the Regional Censor Board today. The Akkineni Nageswara Rao (ANR), Nagarjuna and Naga Chaitanya starrer has bagged a U/A certificate from the Board. Now, the movie is gearing up for a grand release in cinema halls across the globe on May 23.
The officials from Censor Board have recently watched the movie Manam at a special screening organised by the producer in its office premises and they were happy with the outcome of the film. A source from the Board says, "The movie has a brilliant story, wonderful performances by lead actors and sound production values. It is going to be a perfect family entertainer."
Talking about the 'U/A' certification for Manam, the sources said, "The makers of the movie wanted to have a clean 'U' certification for it. But the film contains a few scenes like drinking that would affect the mindset of the young audiences. So they could not help giving 'U/A' certification for this flick."
Manam is comedy drama written and directed by Ishq fame Vikram Kumar. The film is a period drama, which spans 100 years lying between 1920 and 2020 with a reincarnation angle in it and is based on the concept of eternal love. The film features Shriya Saran and Samantha in the female leads. Amitabh Bachchan has made a cameo appearance in the movie, which happens to be the last film of late legendary actor ANR.