- Prabhas' Baahubali Completes 3 Years! Here's A Look At Why It Is The Pride Of Indian Cinema
- After Prabhas, Telugu Superstar Mahesh Babu To Debut In Bollywood?
- Saaho: Bhushan Kumar Picks Up Theatrical Rights To Release This Prabhas Film In Hindi!
- Baahubali Writer Vijayendra Prasad To Pen Another Big Venture!
- Shahrukh Khan To Star In Baahubali Writer’s Revenge Drama After Zero?
- Bigg Boss 11: Wait, What? Arshi Khan Signs A BIG Film Starring Baahubali Actor Prabhas!
We had recently reported that pre-release business of director SS Rajamouli's magnum opus Baahubali had reached Rs 79 crores and its distribution rights of some areas are yet to be sold. The latest reports suggest, the Prabhas, Rana Daggubati and Anushka Shetty starrer has fetched Rs 105 crore from its rights. With its makers waiting to sell the rights of few more areas, the film is likely to break the record of Rajinikanth's Endhiran.
According to reports, Baahubali has fetched Rs 77 crores from the distribution rights of all the areas in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana and Rs 9 crores from the Karnataka region. Its overseas rights have been sold for a whopping amount of Rs 9 crores, which is said to be highest ever price for a Telugu film. Sources claim that the satellite and music rights have been sold for approximately Rs 10 crores.
It should be noted here that Baahubali is released in two parts and these above-mentioned prices are for the distribution rights of the Part 1. The makers are yet to finalise the deals of the theatrical rights of its Tamil and Hindi version. Experts from the industry feel they will together fetch them Rs 30 cr to Rs 40 cr.
However, multi-lingual film Endhiran had fetched Rs 150 crore from its pre-release business. Now, Baahubali, which is being released in Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Hindi and several Foreign languages, is expected to break the record of the Rajinikanth and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan starrer movie.