- Did Sri Reddy Just Imply That Samantha, Nayanthara and Kajal Aggarwal Have Faced Casting Couch?
- Samantha Akkineni Looks Adorable As She Attends The Launch Of A Cafe, View Photos
- Samantha Gives A Fresh Update On Super Deluxe
- Video Alert! Samantha Akkineni And Rakul Preet Take The Fitness Challenge
- Mahanati Review: Keerthy Suresh Excels In This Befitting Tribute To Mahanati Savitri!
- Is Rangasthalam's Runtime A Concern?
- Narain To Play An Important Role In This Samantha Starrer!
- Rangasthalam Trailer Launch & Pre-release Event[Pics]
- IN PICS! Naga Chaitanya-Samantha Reception Turns Out To Be A Star-Studded One!
- IN PICS: Naga Chaitanya-Samantha Ruth Prabhu Enter Wedlock
- ChaiSam Wedding: The Celebrations Kick-Start
- Vijay 61 First Look Out! Thalapathy Vijay’s Mersal Mode On!
Actress Samantha Ruth Prabhu, who is also a popular fashion icon down South, has slammed the reports that she and her stylists are copying the styles of Bollywood actresses Sonam Kapoor and Deepika Padukone. An English daily has criticised her for copying other actresses' style after she donned a designer fusion saree for the music launch function of her upcoming movie Alludu Seenu on Sunday.
Times of India published a review of her style at the audio event. A remark in its review reads, "For all the hosannas we sang of the great Samantha Style Transformation', turns out, the Tollywood diva, and her stylist, have been taking a leaf (or more) out of Sonam Kapoor and Deepika Padukone's style book! Her recent appearance at an audio function on Sunday proves this."
Samantha seemed to be irked by this review. Soon after reading it early this morning, she took her Twitter page this morning (July 1). In a series of tweets, she denied the charges made by the daily. She tweeted, "When a designer comes up with a collection they make similar pieces in a selected color palate for the season. nationally recognized labels if not internationally... Have ALWAYS KEY PIECES.."
The actress continued, "A dhoti of Anamika Khanna, a cut work blouse of Arpita are not just made in a single piece for one single celeb... These are available in stores and online. styling is being able to wear a similar outfit or may be the same and putting your spin on it. If I have chosen to educate myself about all these wonderful designers and decided to put in effort to style better and have fun. (sic)"
Popular costume designer Neeraja Kona is the personal stylist of Samantha. The English daily has also slammed her stating, "It's almost like her stylist is making a scrapbook out of the coolest looks of Deepika and Sonam, and copying them to dress up Samantha." Continue to slide to see Samantha's looks.
Samantha's Saree At Alludu Seenu Music Launch
At the music launch of Alludu Seenu, Samantha sported a fusion saree that was similar to the one designed by Anamika Khanna for Sonam Kapoor for her appearance at the Cannes red carpet.
Samantha's Headgear At Alludu Seenu Music Launch
The headgear that Samantha donned at the music launch of Alludu Seenu was similar to what Deepika Padukone had worn back in February 2014.
Samantha Copies Sonam's Style
In December 2012, Sonam Kapoor sported a white sari with a thin, black border for an event. In January 2013, Samantha was styled in herself in similar sari for the platinum disc function of Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu.
Samantha Copies Deepika's Style
In July 2013, Deepika Padukone had sported an Arpita Mehta lemon-yellow sari, teamed with a pink mirror work blouse. In April 2014, Samantha wore a similar costume with a different colour at the launch of a multiplex in Hyderabad.
Samantha Copies Chitrangada's Style
Earlier this year, Samantha draped pink designer saree that Chitrangada Singh donned in October 2013.