- WOW! Superstar Rajinikanth Has Praises For Aramm!
- Oh No! Velaikkaran Movie Release Postponed
- Nivin Pauly Is One Lucky Actor... But Why?
- CONFIRMED: Nivin Pauly-Nayantara's Love Action Drama Is Not A Remake
- WOW! Nivin Pauly & Nayantara As 'Vadakkunokkiyanthram' Characters
- Mollywood Retake: What If Kamal Haasan's Vettaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu Is Remade In Malayalam?
- Past To Present: Who Can Replace Mammootty & Sumalatha If Nirakkoottu Is Remade Now?
- Mollywood Retake: What If Suriya's Ghajini Is Remade In Malayalam?
- Best Of 2016: Who Is The Best Malayalam Actress Of The Year?
- Fahadh Faasil To Join Mohan Raja Project Soon
- Nayantara Is Not A Part Of Mahesh Babu's Next Film With AR Murugadoss
- Nayantara & Meera Jasmine Are Perfect For Dileep: Kavya Madhavan
Religious conversion is not new trend in Telugu film industry. Few Tollywood have converted to other religion for their loved ones, while some opted for it due to their faith in the principles and culture of a particular religion. Actresses like Jayasudha, Nayantara, Monica and some others have converted to Islam, Christianity and Hinduism. We bring you details of Tollywood Stars, who opted religious conversion. Continue to see them in the slideshow.
Jayasudha Converted To Christianity
Born to Hindu parents, actress Jayasudha converted to Christianity in 2001. Talking about her conversion, she had said that she took this decision after she discovered Jesus in an water accident.
Nagma Converted To Christianity
Actress Nagma, who was born to a Muslim mother and a Hindu father, converted to Christianity in November, 2011. After the conversion, she had said that she had embraced Christianity after her stint in politics that had caused extreme depression in her life.
Vaisali Manoharan Converted To Christianity
Actress and TV personality Vaisali Manoharan Kannadasan, the daughter of Kaviarasu Kannadasan, has converted to Christianity after taking Holy Communion at the Mylapore Good Shepherd Church.
Nayantara Converted To Hinduism
Born to Malayali Syrian Christian parents, actress Nayantara converted to Hinduism at the Arya Samaj Temple in Chennai on August 7, 2011. She opted for religious conversion to marry her ex-boyfriend Prabhu Deva.
Khushboo Converted To Hinduism
Actress Khushboo was born to Muslim parents, but she converted to Hinduism to marry Sundar C.
AR Rahman Converted to Islam
AR Rahman was born a Hindu and named AS Dileep Kumar. He converted to Islam later. The musician was introduced to Qadiri Islam when his younger sister fell severely ill in 1984. He was enchanted by the ideals and values of the religion.
Monika Converted To Islam
Earlier this year, actress Monica converted to Islam and changed her name to MG Rahima. The actress revealed that she liked the principles of Islam and hence, took the decision. She added that she was planning to tie the knot soon.
Yuvan Shankar Raja Converted to Islam
Popular music composer Illayaraj's younger son and a famous composer Yuvan Shankar Raja has recently converted to Islam. He said that he was proud of this decision which got his family's support.