- Prabhas Rejected This Blockbuster Film Opposite Deepika Padukone For Not Getting A Meaty Role!
- SS Rajamouli To Unleash Baahubali Mania Again And Here Are The Details
- Prabhas' Baahubali Completes 3 Years! Here's A Look At Why It Is The Pride Of Indian Cinema
- After Prabhas, Telugu Superstar Mahesh Babu To Debut In Bollywood?
- Saaho: Bhushan Kumar Picks Up Theatrical Rights To Release This Prabhas Film In Hindi!
- Baahubali Writer Vijayendra Prasad To Pen Another Big Venture!
Rajamouli's magum opus Baahubali failed to get an entry to Oscar. Though most of the movie lovers expected it to be the official Oscar entry from India, It has lost to a Marathi film Court directed by Chaitanya Tamhane.
Amol Palekar, Chairman of India's Oscars jury, has announced that the jury has decided to send Court as the India's official entry to Oscar in the best foreign film category.
He also added that Baahubali and Srimanthudu were part of the race for the Oscar entry. The jury has watched both the films and included them in the final 30 films to send to Oscar.
However, Court has got the unanimous votes from the jury and since there is only one option to chose, the jury has gone with Court.
"As an Indian filmmaker, I feel proud that there was more than one film which we thought deserved that could be nominated", Amol Palekar added.
He also affirmed that they have been plain in the process of selection.