TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja Updates: Destruction Continues; Death Toll Rises
- Samsung Begins Rolling Out Android Pie Beta Update For The Galaxy S9 & S9+
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
- Have You Heard Of This Disgusting Food Museum In Sweden?
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Most Beautiful Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand To Visit In 2018
Rajamouli's magum opus Baahubali failed to get an entry to Oscar. Though most of the movie lovers expected it to be the official Oscar entry from India, It has lost to a Marathi film Court directed by Chaitanya Tamhane.
Amol Palekar, Chairman of India's Oscars jury, has announced that the jury has decided to send Court as the India's official entry to Oscar in the best foreign film category.
He also added that Baahubali and Srimanthudu were part of the race for the Oscar entry. The jury has watched both the films and included them in the final 30 films to send to Oscar.
However, Court has got the unanimous votes from the jury and since there is only one option to chose, the jury has gone with Court.
"As an Indian filmmaker, I feel proud that there was more than one film which we thought deserved that could be nominated", Amol Palekar added.
He also affirmed that they have been plain in the process of selection.