- NTR Biopic: Some Important Updates On The Balakrishna Starrer!
- On NTR's Birth Anniversary, Tarak And Family Remember The Matinee Idol
- NTR Biopic Update: Director Teja No More A Part Of the Film
- Mega & Nandamuri Fans Are In For An Eye Feast Soon! Here Are The Details
- Balakrishna’s Extra Effort Towards NTR Biopic!
- Jai Simha Movie Review: A Gratifying Movie For Balakrishna Fans
Bollywood veteran actor Kabir Bedi, who has films such as Hulchal, Khoon Bhari Maang and Dilwale to his credit, has been roped in to play a crucial role in Nandamuri Balakrishna's highly anticipated 100th film, Gauthamiputra Satakarni.
"Kabir Bedi plays a very important role and he will join the first schedule in Morocco, where we plan to shoot for about 2-3 weeks from May 9 onwards. In this schedule, one of three major war sequences of the film will be shot," film's producer Rajeev revealed.
After wrapping the Morocco schedule, the makers will return to India. "We haven't decided yet if we want to go back and shoot another schedule in Morocco. We'd like to see the rushes of the first schedule and then take a call. Moreover, it's getting very expensive to shoot there, so we need to plan accordingly," he said.
To be directed by National award-winning filmmaker Krish, the film is about the story of an unsung Satavahana ruler from 1st century AD. Veteran actress Hema Malini will play Balakrishna's mother in the film, which will have music by Devi Sri Prasad.
The film's leading lady is yet to be finalised. "We had approached Nayanthara and she seemed interested. However, she has no dates till September and we couldn't afford to wait for that long. The heroine is only required in the third schedule," said Rajeev, adding that they will zero in on the heroine in the next 3 to 4 weeks.