- Will The Key Ingredient Of Rajamouli Movies Be Missed In Jr NTR-Ram Charan Movie?
- When Chiranjeevi Wanted To Work With Shankar And Rajamouli!
- EPIC NEWS! SS Rajamouli Confirms Talking To Aamir Khan About ‘Mahabharata’; Read What Happened Next!
- Mohanlal-Rajamouli Movie Still On The Cards?
- Did You Know Rajamouli Wanted To Be A Hero?
- BIGGER THAN THE BEGINNING: Baahubali 2 Climax Shoot Begins
As announced by the Government of India on the Republic day, Rajamouli, Rajinikanth, Ramoji Rao and many other celebrities across the fields were honoured with Padma Awards, for their contribution in their respective fields.
The honourable President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee felicitated the awardees. Rajamouli was given Padma Shri for his excellence in film-making, while Ramoji Rao received Padma Vibhushan in the field of Journalism.
Rajinikanth was given Padma Vibhushan. Sania Mirza, Saina Nehwal too were awarded Padma awards for their contribution in the field of sports.
Sunitha Krishnan, who fought against the human trafficking and founded Prajwala was honoured with Padma Shri, in the field of social work. A film called Naa Bangaru Thalli made by her, had received four national awards earlier, as it called for a change in the society.
Priyanka Chopra, Shri Shri Ravi Shankar, Dirubai Ambani, Madhur Bhandarkar, Ajay Devgn, Anupam Kher are a few others in the list of Padma Awardees 2016.