- Prabhas' Baahubali Completes 3 Years! Here's A Look At Why It Is The Pride Of Indian Cinema
- After Prabhas, Telugu Superstar Mahesh Babu To Debut In Bollywood?
- Saaho: Bhushan Kumar Picks Up Theatrical Rights To Release This Prabhas Film In Hindi!
- Baahubali Writer Vijayendra Prasad To Pen Another Big Venture!
- Shahrukh Khan To Star In Baahubali Writer’s Revenge Drama After Zero?
- Bigg Boss 11: Wait, What? Arshi Khan Signs A BIG Film Starring Baahubali Actor Prabhas!
Director S.S. Rajamouli was felicitated with the CNN-News18 'Indian of the Year' 2015 award by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley for his contribution to the field of cinema.
He was honoured with the 'Indian of the Year' award for the major success of Baahubali The Beginning, which grossed over Rs 600 crore at the box office last year.
"I am a man who lives with cameras and lights but I am very nervous to be in front of them. The award would have been more complete if it would have been given to team 'Baahubali' as the film is about team effort. We had a fantastic cast and crew. Without them it wouldn't have been possible," Rajamouli said on stage.
Various other personalities from different fields including Kangana Ranaut from films, Sania Mirza, Leander Paes from sports, Bandhan Financial Services in business, and the people of Chennai, who tackled the floods in their state, in public service category, were awarded with different awards in the event.
On the other hand, Rajamouli will be busy from 14 June in shooting the climax portions of Baahubali The Conclusion, for about 80 days. The main cast is already prepping for the combat.