- Bigg Boss Telugu Season 2: Kamal Haasan Meets The Contestants, Vishwaroopam 2 Mania Runs Wild
- Sri Reddy About The 'Blackmail' Allegations: I Feel Like Committing Suicide
- Bigg Boss Telugu Season 2: Here's Everything You Need To Know About 'Wild Card' Pooja Ramachandran
- Bigg Boss Telugu Season 2: Love Blossoms Between Tanish-Nandini; Housemates Perform A Naughty Task
- Bigg Boss Telugu Season 2: Here’s Why Nani’s Show Has NOT Lived Upto Expectations
- Shruti Haasan To Team Up With Nani For Jersey?
Natural Star Nani's MCA (Middle Class Abbayi), which hit theatres on 21st of December, is in the news for a couple of reasons. The movie, before its release, was riding high on expectations due to the brand names of Nani, Dil Raju, Sai Pallavi etc. Post release, both the critics and the audience marked the flick as an average one with minimal substance. However, the above said opinions haven't deterred the movie's impact at the box office as MCA is still running with packed houses and indeed is raking in the revenue at the box office.
MCA 1st Weekend (3 Days) Worldwide Collections
Nizam- 5.95Cr, Vizag- 1.79Cr, East- 1.04Cr, West- 0.82Cr, Krishna- 0.86Cr, Guntur- 1.03Cr, Nellore- 0.43Cr, Ceeded- 2Cr, Karnataka- 0.94Cr, USA- 1.89Cr, Rest- 0.75Cr and
The aforementioned collections of the respective regions are the distributors' share tally and the gross for the weekend sums up to 30Cr.
Nani's Record through MCA
With MCA, Nani has proved his stamina at the box office as the flick has elevated Nani's hero status in the industry. MCA is by far, the career best movie for Nani in terms of opening day and weekend collections for Nani.
Though the initial numbers are favorable and are seen to be offering a soothing feel to the distributors and exhibitors, some work needs to be done yet. MCA is sold at a price of 30 Crores taking the tally of recovery to 59%.
There are no big movies slated for release in the Telugu states until Sankranthi and this could give a decent edge for MCA to recover its money. Producer Dil Raju who has had a series of Blockbusters this year in the form of Shatamanam Bhavati, Nenu Local and Fidaa and a hit with Raja the Great, is all set to add one more hit to the list with MCA.
Will the movie touch the required mark of 30Cr is a question which will be answered in a couple of weeks time.