- Naa Peru Surya, Mehbooba & Officer Distributors Incur Huge Losses
- Officer Box Office Report: Nagarjuna’s Film Opens On A Poor Note In The US
- Officer Review: It's High Time Ram Gopal Varma Starts Concentrating On Scriptwriting!
- Officer Box Office Preview: Will Nagarjuna's Movie Click With The Audience?
- With Officer Set To Release, Here's A Look At The BO Performances Of Nagarjuna's Last 5 Films
- 5 Memorable Films Of Officer Star Nagarjuna
- Ram Gopal Varma's Latest Remarks About Nagarjuna Are Quite Surprising
- Anu Emmanuel Comments On The Agnyaathavaasi Debacle; Admits She Had This Doubt About Doing The Film
- Pawan Kalyan Once Thought About Committing Suicide And Here's Why
- Agnyaathavaasi Box Office Collections: A Huge Opening
- Agnyaathavaasi Movie Review: Only For Pawan Kalyan Fans
- Agnyathavaasi Trailer Review
The year 2017 was a rather eventful one for the fans of Telugu cinema. The Baahubali 2 juggernaut created quite a few records at the box office and ended up redefining the tenets of the film industry. Similarly, the path-breaking Arjun Reddy became a hit with the audience thanks to its bold content and raw presentation. In other words 2017 raised the bar for Tollywood. When 2018 kicked off many felt that it would be an equally good year for Telugu cinema.
However, the reality is a bit different. While several good films have hit the screens so far, the fact remains that the year has been a rocky one for the industry as some big films have failed miserably at the BO. With 2018 in its seventh month, here is a look at biggest duds that marred the first half.
Trivikram Srinivas and Pawan Kalyan's Agnyaathavaasi hit the screens during Sankranthi and opened to a good response at the box office despite receiving unflattering reviews from all corners. The negative WOM soon caught up with the film and it ultimately proved to be a disappointment for all concerned. Agnyaathavaasi also had Keerthy Suresh and Aadhi in the lead.
Touch Chesi Chudu
The year started on a bad note for Ravi Teja when his Touch Chesi Chudu opened to a poor response at the box office and failed to impress the critics. Shot against a budget of Rs 30 Crore, it ended with a final distributor's share of Rs 9 Crore and proved to be a disaster. Touch Chesi Chudu also featured Raashi Khanna and Seerat Kapoor in the lead.
Naa Peru Surya
Featuring Tollywood's 'Stylish Star' Allu Arjun in the lead, Naa Peru Surya was one of the biggest releases of the year and hit the screens on May 4, 2018. Unfortunately, it underperformed at the box office and its distributors suffered losses.
The second Ravi Teja starrer to feature on the list, Nela Ticket hit the theatres on May 25, 2018 and proved to be a box office dud. It ended with a distributor's share of around Rs 9.5 Crore and received negative reviews.
Officer marked Nagarjuna's first film with Ram Gopal Varma in over two decades and hit the screens on June 1, 2018. Featuring the veteran actor in the role of a cop, it sank without a trace and failed to impress the movie buffs.