TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
A few months ago, actress Sri Reddy stripped in public and levelled a host of allegations against the Telugu film industry. During her 'protest', she claimed that several top producers exploit 'local girls' and ultimately show them the door. She also claimed that they prefer casting girls from Mumbai in their films and ignore the local talent. Post this, she made some scandalous claims about the likes of Kona Venkat and AR Murugadoss and this left everyone in a state of shock.
As expected, her actions created a great deal of buzz in the industry and ruffled a few feathers. Actors Vishal and Karthi lashed out at her and asked to provide proof to back her claims. However, at the same time, actress Andrea Jeremiah backed her and said that she deserved to be praised for speaking about the sensitive matter.
"If what Sri Reddy saying is true, then it takes a strong heart to reveal it. I've never faced any allegations like that, but if someone faces things like that, saying it openly is correct and the people behind this should be punished," - (sic) she added.
Now, actress Priya Bhavani Shankar has spoken on the issue of casting couch and said that claims about the sexual exploitation of women in the film industry cannot be overlooked. She added that such things happen in all industries and not the film world alone.
While commenting on the casting couch controversy, the Kadaikutty Singam actress virtually backed Sri Reddy and added more credibility to her claims.
On a related note, Sri Reddy has made it clear that she has no plans of stopping her war against casting couch. A few days ago, she made a few more explosive claims about the TFI and said that it is controlled by a few families.
"In Telugu, the audience will watch and encourage the films featuring big heroes. Only four film families are ruling the entire industry. That is the reason why Tollywood is the worst of all. Also, the industry does not encourage any new talent. However, in Chennai, even the small-budget films are getting recognised," she added.
Sri Reddy also revealed that she is working on her biopic and added that it's going to be pretty explosive.