TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "If 10 Parties Gang Up Against One, Imagine Who's Stronger?" — Rajinikanth
- OnePlus 7 Concept Render: Triple-Camera With In-display Selfie
- KTM 390 Adventure India-Launch Details Still Unclear — EICMA 2018 Disappoints Fans
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Wedding: This Video From Lake Como Is Breathtaking
- This Is How You Should Financially Plan For A Vacation
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
- NZ Trip Is Good For Test Regulars, Says Rahul Dravid
Last year, the dashing Vijay Deverakonda became the talk of the town when his Arjun Reddy opened to a thunderous response at the box office and emerged as a big surprise hit. Directed by Sandeep Reddy, the black comedy ruffled a few feathers because of its bold content and this made it the choice of the younger generation. Nearly a year later, the young heartthrob is in the limelight because of his latest release Geetha Govindam. The romantic-comedy hit the screens on August 15, 2018, and became the talk of the town in no time.
The film is a Parasuram directorial and it seems to have clicked with the fans thanks to its refreshing plot/screenplay. Similarly, most critics too have given it a thumbs up. Now, here is some shocking news for all you Geetha Govindam fans out there.
During an interaction with his fans, Veteran film-maker K Raghavendra Rao claimed that Geetha Govindam's basic plot is similar to that of his own film Pelli Sandadi. At the same time, he made it clear that the director has presented the film in a unique way and managed to entertain the fans without including kissing scenes.
"Allu Aravind is one of the good friends from the Industry. We both made a small budget film, Pelli Sandadi 20 years ago, which became a massive hit. After so many years, again he made such a film and I am happy for him.
But Parasuram Copied my Pelli Sandadi and made this film in his own style. Keeping it aside, I am happy that new directors like him are not trying to go for kiss scenes to make their film. aThere is no wrong in kissing scenes but when you don't need them, you don't have include them. Parasuram proved it," he added.
In case you did not know, Pelli Sandadi was a musical-drama and featured Srikanth in the lead. Released in 1996, it proved to be a big hit. It was later remade in Hindi as Sapno Ki Rani with Sanjay Kapoor in the lead.
So, do you think Geetha Govindam is a modern-day version of Pelli Sandadi? Tell us in the space below.