TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
Last year, actor Vijay Deverakonda became the latest heartthrob of Tollywood when he delivered a rocking and engaging performance in Arjun Reddy and left the fans asking for more. Directed by Sandeep Vanga, the film featured him in the role of a rebel and became one of the biggest sleeper hits of the year. The black comedy-drama featured plenty of bold content and that helped it become even more popular with 'Gen Y'. At present, Vijay Deverakonda is in the limelight because of his latest release Geetha Govindam. The romantic-comedy hit the screens on August 15, 2018, and got off to a good start.
Now, nearly three weeks later, it has entered an elite club and propelled Vijay Deverakonda in to the big league. Here are the latest box office figures.
A Commendable Achievement!
According to the latest trade reports, Geetha Govindam has crossed the Rs 60-crore mark at the domestic box office and emerged as a blockbuster. Vijay Deverakonda has now become one of the few Gen Y actors to have attained this feat. A couple of years ago, Jr NTR had entered the special club with Janatha Garage. Last year, he had repeated the feat with the action-drama Jai Lava Kusa.
Day 20 Estimates
Geetha Govindam has slowed down a bit now. However, it is still doing decent business at the box office. As per early estimates, it is likely to collect a reasonable amount of money today (September 4, 2018) as well and maintain its hold over the box office.
The Secret Behind His Success!
The general feeling is that Vijay Deverakonda has been able to understand the pulse of the younger generation quite well. Arjun Reddy clicked with the young fans because of its numerous kisses and bold scenes. Similarly, Geetha Govindam seems to have worked, thanks to the college setting and its youthful vibe. His good understanding of the public mood has helped him choose the right type of roles and taste success.
The Way Ahead...
Geetha Govindam is likely to have a free run at the box office till U Turn and Shailaja Reddy Alludu hit the screens on September 13, 2018, and affect its business. As such, one can expect it to rake in more and more moolah in the days to come.