- DevaDas Teaser: Nagarjuna-Nani’s Film Promises To Be Fun-filled Affair
- Why Did Nagarjuna Accept To Star In Ranbir Kapoor & Alia Bhatt's Brahmastra?
- Alia Bhatt’s Latest Instagram Posts Are All About Boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor & His EX-GF Katrina Kaif!
- Brahmastra: Nagarjuna To Make His Comeback In Bollywood With This Ranbir-Alia Starrer?
- Agnyaathavaasi To Officer: Most Disappointing Telugu Films From The First Half Of 2018
- When Amala Akkineni Spoke About Husband Nagarjuna's 'Affair' With Tabu!
- Officer Box Office Report: Nagarjuna’s Film Opens On A Poor Note In The US
- Nagarjuna Replaces Rajinikanth In Dhanush's Next Directorial Venture?
- Officer Review: It's High Time Ram Gopal Varma Starts Concentrating On Scriptwriting!
- Mohanlal And Nagarjuna To Team Up For The First Time?
- Officer Box Office Preview: Will Nagarjuna's Movie Click With The Audience?
- With Officer Set To Release, Here's A Look At The BO Performances Of Nagarjuna's Last 5 Films
There's no denying the fact that Nagarjuna is one of the biggest and most decorated names in Tollywood today. Fondly referred to as 'King', the veteran actor enjoys a strong fan following thanks to his dashing looks, charming personality, bindass nature and sincere performances. Over the years, he has starred in several popular films and this has helped him become a force to be reckoned with. Today (August 29, 2018), as Nagarjuna turns a year older, we take a look at some of his best films and celebrate his contribution to the film world.
A crime-drama, Siva was directed by Ram Gopal Varma and it emerged as one of the biggest hits of 1989. In it, Nags played the role of a young rebel and delivered a rocking performance. Siva also featured Amala Akkineni and Raghuvaran in the lead. It was later remade in Hindi as Shiva with the same cast.
Directed by Krishna Vamsi, Ninne Pelladata was a romantic-drama and saw Nagarjuna share screen space with Bollywood actress Tabu. Revolving around challenges faced by two lovers, the film proved to be a big hit at the box office and won the National award for the ' Best Feature Film in Telugu'.
One of the most critically acclaimed films of Nagarjuna's career, Annamayya was directed by K Raghavendra Rao and revolved around how a young man's life changes when Vishnu appears in front of him. Nagarjuna delivered a gripping performance in Annamayya and this helped him earn a National award 'Special Mention'. It also featured Ramya Krishnan and Suman in the lead.
Released in 2004. Mass is a cult film in the truest sense. Directed by Raghava Lawrence, it featured Nagarjuna in a macho avatar and helped him redefine the meaning of on-screen machismo. Upon release, it received rave reviews and emerged as a big hit. It was later dubbed in Hindi as Meri Jung and became quite popular in the Hindi belt. Mass also featured Jyothika in the lead.
Revolving around the concept of reincarnation, Manam was an emotional family-drama and marked the legendary ANR's final appearance on the big screen. In it, Nags worked with ANR as well as Naga Chaitanya and this made the film even more special for him. Released in 2014, it did pretty well at the box office and received rave reviews from all corners.