TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
It is an open secret that Nithya Menen is one of the most talented and versatile actresses in Tollywood today. The elegant lady has quite successfully carved a niche for herself in the film world thanks to her remarkable acting abilities, good looks, simple nature and charming personality. Over the years, she has also made quite a few bold yet effective career moves and these have worked wonders for her standing in the industry. Now, here is some surprising news for all you Nithya fans out there.
During a recent interaction with the media, the Mersal actress spoke about her decision to turn down the lead role in Mahanati and said that she opted out of the highly ambitious film because of some 'unexpected reasons'.
She, however, refused to elaborate on the exact reasons behind her exit from Mahanati. In case you did not know, Nithya was the original choice for the titular role in Mahanati. Once she turned it down, the makers approached Keerthy Suresh who took up the offer in no time.
Upon its release, Mahanati emerged as a big hit at the ticket window and received rave reviews from all quarters. Revolving around the life of the legendary Savitri, it also featured Mollywood actor Dulquer Salmaan and Tollywood sweetheart Samantha in the lead.
Interestingly, Nithya is no stranger to turning down big roles. The grapevine suggests that she was offered a key role in the NTR biopic. However, she said 'No' and the role eventually went to Bollywood actress Vidya Balan.