TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP Is A History Changer, Name Changer, But Not A Game Changer — Mamata Banerjee
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Best Smartphones With 4000mAh And 5000mAh Battery Under Rs 10,000
- Deepika Padukone Invites Katrina And Ranbir To Her Wedding Reception
- Unbelievable Mysterious Stones Found On Earth
- A Beginners Guide On How To Invest In Mutual Funds In India
- Do You Know About This Hidden Hill Fort In Uttar Pradesh?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
The lovely Samantha Akkineni is one of the biggest names in the Telugu film industry today. The bubbly beauty enjoys a strong fan following thanks to her good looks, charismatic personality, friendly nature and an impressive versatility as an actress. Over the years, the lady has worked with some of the biggest names in the industry and this has helped her become a force to be reckoned with. At present, she is gearing up for the release of her first heroine-centric film U Turn.
Directed by Pawan Kumar, it's a thriller and is slated to hit the screens on September 13, 2018. Interestingly, actor Naga Chaitanya's Shailaja Reddy Alludu too is slated to release on the same day. And, needless to say, this impending box office clash has created a great deal of buzz in the industry.
During a recently held event, Sam commented on the clash and said that the makers of U Turn are trying to create a controversy, so that their film opens on a good note. She also made it clear that she had asked the U Turn team to refrain from releasing their film alongside Shailaja Reddy Alludu, but they refused to change their plans.
"The conflicts of interest are happening. It's all because of our filmmaker. I asked Pawan Kumar to reschedule U Turn's release, but he and the producer were not convinced. I know well that they want to create controversy to attract all the hungama and hoping the film would do bigger than expected business," she added.
This is a shocking statement and it might ruffle a few feathers. Now, it will be worth watching whether Pawan Kumar reacts to these remarks or not.
On a related note, this is a busy time for Sam. Besides U Turn, she also has Seema Raja and Super Deluxe in her kitty. Seema Raja is a mass film and will see her act opposite Sivakarthikeyan. On the other hand, Super Deluxe will see her act alongside Vijay Sethupathi and Mollywood actor Fahadh.