TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- This Is Why ISRO's GSAT 7A Satellite Is Built Exclusively For The Indian Air Force!
- Criticising Virat Kohli For Not Playing A Spinner In Perth Is Unjustified — Praveen Kumar
- 2018 Best Smartphones With Fingerprint Sensor
- Mahindra XUV 300 Compact-SUV Now Official — Launch In February 2019
- Petrol And Diesel Remain Steady In Price Even As Crude Prices Fall
- Priyanka And Nick Get Romantic In This Unseen Picture!
- Best Winter Destinations To Visit From Pune
- Sanya Malhotra Rocked The Quirky Look In Her Latest Attire
If you are a fan of South Indian cinema, then we have some awesome news in store for you. In an exciting development, the official dates and the venue for SIIMA 2018 have been released. The organisers of SIIMA 2018 took to Twitter and confirmed that the prestigious ceremony will be held on September 14 and September 15 in Dubai. They also revealed the nomination list for the Telugu and Kannada movies. The Tollywood biggie Baahubali 2, which emerged as the biggest hit of 2017, will be locking horns with four other noted movies in the 'Best Film' category. Here is a look at Baahubali and the other films that are slated to lock horns for the top honours this September.
Directed by maverick film-maker SS Rajamouli, Baahubali 2 is an epic-drama and revolves around the rivalry between two brothers over an ancient kingdom. Featuring Prabhas in the titular role, it features some awesome performances and a riveting screenplay. Baahubali 2 also has Anushka Shetty and Rana Daggubati in the lead roles.
Featuring Sai Pallavi and Varun Tej in the lead, Fidaa emerged as one of the biggest sleeper hits of 2017. Directed by Sekhar Kammula, the romantic-drama clicked with the audiences thanks to its gripping screenplay and the lead pair's crackling chemistry.
Directed by noted film-maker Krish, Gautamiputra Satakarni is a period drama and features a compelling performance from Balakrishna. A commercial success, it also has Bollywood actress Hema Malini in a key role.
A hard-hitting war film, Ghazi is a war film that's based on actual events. Directed by Sankalp Reddy, it hit the screens in February 2017, and opened to a good response at the box office. Shot simultaneously in Telugu and Hindi, it features Rana Daggubati and Taapsee Pannu in the lead roles.
Featuring Sharwanand in the lead, Sathamanam Bhavati revolves around the 'midlife crisis' and features an entertaining plot. Upon release, it received rave reviews from all and sundry and proved to be the biggest hit of Sharwanand's career.