TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- Royal Enfield 650cc Models To Launch In India Today
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Broke Down At Her Mehendi Ceremony
- ATP Finals: Federer Is Back On Track
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
Last year, the charming Varun Tej became the talk of the town for all the right reasons when Fidaa opened to a thunderous response at the box office and received rave reviews at the box office. Directed by Sekhar Kammula, the film was a romantic-drama and also featured Sai Pallavi in the lead. Earlier this year, he consolidated his standing in the industry with the romantic-drama Tholi Prema. The film also featured Raashi Khanna in the lead and did well at the box office.
Now, the young man is in the news for a surprising reason. According to a leading website, Varun Tej was the original choice for the Chandoo Mondeti directed Savyasachi. However, he turned it down at the discussion stage citing date issues, According to Gulte, the buzz is that he did not like the script and hence turned it down. Following this, Naga Chaitanya was signed on to play the lead.
In case you did not know, Savyasachi is a thriller and it revolves around the 'vanishing twin syndrome'. The film opened to a decent response at the box office on Friday(November 5, 2018). However, it failed to impress a large section of the critics.
Besides Naga Chaitanya, Savyasachi also features R Madhavan and the Bollywood beauty Nidhhi Agerwal in the lead. The supporting cast features names such as Bharath Reddy and Bhumika Chawla.