TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja Updates: Destruction Continues; Death Toll Rises
- Samsung Begins Rolling Out Android Pie Beta Update For The Galaxy S9 & S9+
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
- Have You Heard Of This Disgusting Food Museum In Sweden?
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Most Beautiful Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand To Visit In 2018
After tasting considerable success as a writer for commercial flicks such as Dookudu, Baadshah etc., Upendra Madhav has donned the director's hat for the first time with Manchi Lakshanalunna Abbai (MLA). Nandamuri Kalyan Ram, who is on quest for a break after back-to-back failures at the box office, is looking forward to a considerable result with this one.
Will MLA offer him the much needed respite?
MLA is not just about the hero being a Manchi Lakshanalunna Abbayi, but also is about being a political MLA. Kalyan Ram falls in love with Kajal Aggarwal and tries to woo her. Her desire comes in as a key to Kalyan's love door. The hero churns out all efforts to realize her dream and by this, will take on the antagonist, Ravi Kishan.
What is Kajal's desire? Will he win his love (though expected)? What is the political MLA's touch to the story?
Upside & Downside
Social message about child labour and education
Over the top sequences
Kalyan Ram is a neat fit as a MLA in the movie. Though there is nothing much to brag about his performance or characterization, there is nothing to pinpoint as a downside either.
Kajal is cute and compliments Kalyan well on-screen. Prudhvi Raj and Posani have done justice to their roles while Ravi Kishan is okay.
Shyam K Naidu's cinematography is laudable and especially during the songs. music by Mani Sharma and cinematography by Prasad Murella are on par with the movie's standards.
Debutant director, Upendra Madhav, seems to have more focused as a writer than as a director in the flick which is pretty evident.
Although the movie conveys a social message, the routine template and predictable screenplay might bore you. Walk in with a bucket of popcorn to kill your boredom or choose to give this movie a miss!