- Tholi Prema, Awe & MLA: Final Box Office Collections
- NO JOKE! Pratham Gets Promoted To A Cabinet Minister From An MLA; Check This Out!
- Kalyan Ram Shies Away From Nani!
- Kalyan Ram's Father To Play NTR's Father Too
- Chennai Rains! Tollywood Heroes Comes Forward To Help, Donates Huge To CM Relief Fund
- #ChennaiRains NTR And Kalyan Ram Donates For Tamilnadu CM Relief Fund
- Sher Movie Review: Tests Your Patience
- WHOA! Jr. NTR To Work With Brother Kalyan Ram
- Pataas A Threat For Jr.NTR's Temper?
- 'Pataas': A Much Needed Hit For Kalyan Ram!
- Pataas Movie Review And Audience Live Response
- Tollywood Celebs At Nandamuri Janaki Ram's Funeral
After tasting considerable success as a writer for commercial flicks such as Dookudu, Baadshah etc., Upendra Madhav has donned the director's hat for the first time with Manchi Lakshanalunna Abbai (MLA). Nandamuri Kalyan Ram, who is on quest for a break after back-to-back failures at the box office, is looking forward to a considerable result with this one.
Will MLA offer him the much needed respite?
Actors: Nandamuri Kalyan Ram (NKR), Kajal Agarwal, Brahmanandam, Manali Rathod, Vennela Kishore, Lasya, Prudhviraj, Ravi Kishan, Posani Krishna Murali, Ajay, Jayaprakash Reddy, Sivaji Raja
Directed By: Upendra Madhav
Music: Mani Sharma
Cinematography: Prasad Murella
Producer: Kiran Reddy, Bharath Chowdary & TG Viswa Prasad
Banner: Blue Planet Entertainments
MLA is not just about the hero being a Manchi Lakshanalunna Abbayi, but also is about being a political MLA. Kalyan Ram falls in love with Kajal Aggarwal and tries to woo her. Her desire comes in as a key to Kalyan's love door. The hero churns out all efforts to realize her dream and by this, will take on the antagonist, Ravi Kishan.
What is Kajal's desire? Will he win his love (though expected)? What is the political MLA's touch to the story?
Upside & Downside
Social message about child labour and education
Over the top sequences
Kalyan Ram is a neat fit as a MLA in the movie. Though there is nothing much to brag about his performance or characterization, there is nothing to pinpoint as a downside either.
Kajal is cute and compliments Kalyan well on-screen. Prudhvi Raj and Posani have done justice to their roles while Ravi Kishan is okay.
Shyam K Naidu's cinematography is laudable and especially during the songs. music by Mani Sharma and cinematography by Prasad Murella are on par with the movie's standards.
Debutant director, Upendra Madhav, seems to have more focused as a writer than as a director in the flick which is pretty evident.
Walk in with a bucket of popcorn to kill your boredom or choose to give this movie a miss!