The Help has become the 8th highest-grossing Drama-Summer film. The Tate Taylor-directed movie has grossed an estimated $123,391,000 in North America and an estimated $1,700,000 in other territories, as September 4, 2011, for a worldwide total of $125,091,000.
However, newcomers The Debt, Apollo 18 and Shark Night 3D landed on the second, third and fourth place with $12.5 million, $10.7 million and $10.3 million, respectively during the four-day holiday. Rise of the Planet of the Apes was placed fifth with additional $10.2 million.
The following is the list top ten movies at the Box Office:
- The Help - $19 million
- The Debt - $12.2 million
- Apollo 18 - $10.7 million
- Shark Night 3D - $10.3 million
- Rise of the Planet of the Apes - $10.2 million
- Colombiana - $9.4 million
- Our Idiot Brother - $7 million
- Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World - $6.6 million
- Don't Be Afraid of the Dark - $6.1 million
- The Smurfs - $5.6 million