Earlier this summer Thor and Transformers: Dark of the Moon had taken the highest spot in the chart for more than one week. Now, director Rupert Wyatt's movie Rise of the Planet of the Apes has become the third film of this summer. The film has grossed $179 million including its domestic cume $105 and international earning $74.
Emma Stone-starrer The Help has trailed behind Rise of the Planet of the Apes at number two with its collection $26 million. Another new entry Final Destination 5 landed at the third position with $18 million. Earlier release, The Smurfs is still going strong in the fourth spot with $13.7 million, while another new release 30 Minutes or Less rounded up the top five with $13.3 million.
The following is the top ten movies at Box Office:
- Rise of the Planet of the Apes - $27.8 million
- The Help - $26 million
- Final Destination 5 - $18 million
- The Smurfs - $13.7 million
- 30 Minutes or Less - $13.3 million
- Cowboys and Aliens - $7.8 million
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II - $7.2 million
- Captain America: The First Avenger - $7.2 million
- Crazy, Stupid, Love. - $7 million
- The Change Up - $6.3 million