When she was asked by media persons on her delay in the filing complaint, Ranjitha said,"They threatened me saying that if I come to Chennai I will be arrested. Now, the change in the government has given me the courage to come out and demand action. I am an ordinary person with no political backing. People told me that if I had filed a complaint earlier, the then government would have taken action against me,"
“In the name of investigative journalism, they killed my social and personal life. Not satisfied with telecasting tape, they continue to vilify me and malign me with false articles. It is not me in the video. A forensic report similar to the one that says it was me in the video had been overturned by the apex court in the Dinakaran office burning case." She stated about the video clipping.
Ranjitha request the newly elected government and CM Jayalalitha to taken legal action against them. It may be recalled that the controversial video was aired on Sun TV on March 10, 2010.