It’s definitely the No.1 show on Indian television and going great guns since its inception! Where serials dwindle within 6 months, ‘Diya Aur Baati Hum’ is one show which has been running successfully since more than 3 years now-Lets know why!
• Suraj (Anas Rashid) and Sandhya (Deepika Singh) - the lead pair is the highlight of this serial! Suraj meaning Sun and Sandhya meaning evening- Literally as well, these two share a subtle yet relatable chemistry.
• The ever affable Bhabho and Sandhya’s camaraderie is another reason this serial is a hit! Bhabho encouraging Sandhya serves a perfect example to other mother-in-laws supporting her ‘bahus’
• The overall Rajasthani household look has a very ‘real’ touch to it!
• The serial has a woman-oriented theme which has inspired women to pursue their dreams; the story of how Sandhya became an IPS and then a collector despite all circumstances against her has been shown pretty well!
• Speaking more on the lead pair, theirs is a cute love story between a well-educated girl and a ‘halwai’ Suraj’s compromises and sacrifices he makes in his family by moving out of the house also for some time just to egg on his wife to study and not look back itself if ‘moving’. Their romance is never shown over-the-top!
• The whole feel of the story seems simple yet entertaining with characters like ‘Meena’ and ‘Babasaa’ goofing around!
• Sandhya’s stint in the cadet academy seemed very authentic and the tasks which she was made to do dared more women out there!
• Till date the episodes haven’t be elongated just to stretch the story. Each episode has been kept the audience entertained and content!
• Balancing a tough job and household, Sandhya’s is a story which encourages women from small towns to learn to do both jobs efficiently.
• The cute Bhabho is a convergence of emotions- on one side where she is the efficient and tough-master of the house, and is also the soft side of her which is touching too!
Through the week, the viewers are gripped on to this serial and it clicks as it works with the audience. Also with zero replacements in the main characters, it is garnering a great response. ‘Diya Aur Baati Hum’ is undoubtedly keeping its top position consistently on the TRP chart!