TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- A BJP Whitewash As Congress Crawls Back Into The Hindi Heartland
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Petrol and Diesel Prices May Again Rise — Here's Why
- New Tata Tiago XZ+ Variant Launched In India
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Launched At Rs 12,999: Price And Specs
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
- 20 Health Benefits Of Watercress
- Newlyweds PeeCee-Nick Go For Their Honeymoon
By: Taran Adarsh, IndiaFM
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Yes, everyone knows that Rang De Basanti is India's official entry to the Academy Awards. But even Lage Raho Munnabhai is going to the Oscars.
Overwhelmed by the response from the fans and audiences internationally, producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra has decided to send his blockbuster film to the Oscars as an independent entry. Ken Naz of Eros International, U.S.A. will be preparing the applications to seek entry for the film at the Oscars.
Speaking of his decision to send his film as a contender to the popular award function, Vidhu Vinod Chopra said, "The record number of fan mails that we have received worldwide have supported our belief and inspired us to go ahead with sending the film across to the Academy as an independent entry. We strongly believe that Lage Raho Munnabhai is a film that should be screened at all international film festivals."
The belief has been further strengthened by an invitation extended to Chopra by the University of Southern California for a special screening of Lage Raho Munnabhai on 27th October, which has been organized for their cinema students and the press from Hollywood.