TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Weather Forecast For Dec 19: Cyclone Phethai Weakens; Winter Chills To Continue In Delhi
- IPL Auction 2019: Live Updates
- More Items To Be Included In Sub-18% Tax Slab — Narendra Modi
- Most Searched Cars In India 2018 — Here's The Full List
- Vikendi Snow Map Yet To Arrive On PUBG Mobile India Even After 1.6GB Update
- Manikarnika Trailer — Kangana Impresses As Rani Laxmibai!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- Smelling His Own Socks Gave This Man Lung Infection
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma's much hyped remake of Sholay was re-titled as Ram Gopal Varma Ki Aag. Delhi High court has approved the release of the remake of Ramesh Sippy's Sholay by changing the title of the film.
Delhi High Court has approved his films new name and also ordered him to change all character names. The most popular character of the film Gabbar Singh will be called Babban Singh, Basanti has been renamed as Ghungroo, Veeru as Virendra Chavan, Radha as Devi and Jai as Jai Ranade. While the other characters from the original film like Soorma Bhopali and Sambha have been changed to Rambhabhai and Tambhe.
Producer G. P. Sippy's grandson Sascha Sippy and Shan Uttam Singh had filed a lawsuit to permanently restrain Varma from releasing the film. The court has asked them to push their remaining claims in this matter after watching the film.
|Also read... |
Isha stays away from South cinema
Ramu to revive KK's role as ghost !
Ramu's two films lined up for release
Aishwarya in Ramu's Sarkar sequel
Ramus Sholay to release in July