TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rajasthan Assembly Elections 2018: Re-polling Underway At A Single Booth In Karanpur
- Isha Ambani's Wedding: Beyonce, SRK And Aamir Steal The Show!
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5 — India Wins By 31 Runs
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- Deepika Padukone's Contemporary Red Sari Should Be Your Next Cocktail Party Wear
By Subhash K. Jha, IndiaFM
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Chances of the Bachchan Sr reappearing in the sequel which finally has a title to the much-lauded 2002 heist -caper Kaante are dim. The sequel to go on the floors early 2008 will be entitled Saath.
Reveals Sanjay Gupta, "There's a pun there....a fun pun," says writer-director Sanjay Gupta. "Saath stands for togetherness. It also represents the lucky number 7 .We'll write the't' in Saathas a number 7."
There's an extremely unusual angle to the follow-up crime caper. "It will be an original script. Kaante was definitely inspired by Quentin Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs. But now I'm done with adaptations and rip offs. Saath will be completely original," promises Gupta.
The cast is yet to be finalized. But Suniel Shetty, Aftab Shivdasani and of course Gupta's pal Sanjay Dutt are expected to be part of the Kaante sequel.
"The problem is, all the protagonists in the original died," confesses Gupta. "So how do we bring the characters back?"
Chances are, there will be a large amount of spiritual doctoring in the Kaante sequel. A sort of dead-man walking situation with characters from the original being resurrected.
|Also read... |
Ganpat Rap for a better Mumbai
Amitabh wants Sanjay to postpone Shootout
Maya Dolas mother files case against sanjay
Sanjay penning his passion for ex-wife
Sanjay Gupta having trouble with the ladies