- Sonam Kapoor Was Asked If She Loves Muslims & Pakistani Followers; Replies What 'Hinduism' Preaches
- NEW INSIDE PICS: How Aishwarya Rai, Salman Khan, Shahrukh Khan PARTIED ALL NIGHT At Sonam's Wedding
- Sonam Kapoor Recaps Inside Details About How She Fell In Love With Hubby Anand Ahuja!
- Sanju Review: Ranbir Kapoor Hits A Sixer With Rajkumar Hirani's Engaging Storytelling!
- Sonam Kapoor & Anil Kapoor's Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga Teaser Is Out! Watch It Here
- A True Incident! A Drunk Sanjay Dutt Had Actually Put On A Toilet Seat Around His Girlfriend's Neck
Actress Sonam Kapoor says she turned down a modelling offer by ace photographer-producer Atul Kasbekar to pursue a career in acting.
Sonam, daughter of actor Anil Kapoor, forayed into Bollywood with Ranbir Kapoor in 2007 with Saawariya.
During an appearance on an episode of "Vogue BFFs", she said: "I remember it was at a party which was for a cosmetic company, in 2006, I think. This tall person walks up to me -- which is Atul -- and he's like, 'Oh my God, do you want to model?' I had just started acting in Saawariya. And I wasn't out at all, publicly, because my parents had kept me away from the press and the paps (paparazzi) and everything."
"So nobody knew what I looked like or anything," the Khoobsurat star added. "One of my friends was a make-up artist, so I just went for her party, just for fun! Nobody took pictures of me at that point. And I have Atul walking up to me and saying, 'Do you want to model?' So I told him, 'I am already acting in a movie!'."
To that, Kasbekar told her: "Ok, good...good."
The actress, who is known for her fashion sense and brazen honesty, has made a place for herself in Bollywood with films like Neerja, Raanjhana, Bhaag Milkha Bhaag and Prem Ratan Dhan Payo.With inputs from IANS.