- IT'S CONFIRMED! Prabhudheva To Direct Salman Khan's Dabangg 3 [READ DETAILS]
- No One Apart From Sonakshi Sinha Considered For Dabangg 3: Arbaaz Khan
- Tera Intezaar Movie Review: This Sunny Leone & Arbaaz Khan Starrer Is Sad & Pathetic!
- BB 11: Salman Calls Akash, A Fool; Warns Bandgi-Puneesh; Sunny Makes Arshi Apply Butter On Hiten!
- RETURN OF CHULBUL PANDEY! Salman Khan's Dabangg 3 To Go On Floors Next Year, Confirms Arbaaz Khan
- Salman Khan's Childhood Pic With Arbaaz Khan, Sohail Khan & Alvira Khan Is So Damn Cute! View Here
- Here's Why Malaika Arora & Arbaaz Khan Are In A Good Relationship Post Their Divorce!
- You Won't Believe What Malaika Arora Just Said About Her Ex-husband Arbaaz Khan!
- Malaika Arora Shares A Throwback Picture Clicked By Ex-husband Arbaaz Khan! View Pic
- Salman Khan Is Happy That Arbaaz Khan Is NOT Directing Dabangg 3; Says Sohail Is A Better Director!
- All Is Not Well! Arbaaz Khan Upset With Brother Salman Khan For This Shocking Reason
- Arbaaz Khan Doesn't Care About Malaika Arora! Parties Hard With Birthday Girl Sonal Chauhan
- SHOCKER! Malaika Arora Khan LASHES OUT At A Reporter When Asked About Her AFFAIR With Arjun Kapoor!
As an actor, he might be open to taking up almost all kind of roles, but Arbaaz Khan says when it comes to producing and directing a film, he is inclined towards mainstream cinema.
Read Arbaaz Khan's full statement below.
I Don't Want To make Niche Films
"As a director, I would always want to do mainstream cinema, which has popular reception. I don't want to make niche films or make films to win awards," Arbaaz told IANS at a press conference for his new film Jeena Isi Ka Naam Hai.
Dabangg Won A National Award
"I feel if a film is good, it will reach a bigger audience and it might end up winning awards -- which is what happened with Dabangg. It won a National Award and did well at the box office too. You don't have to make cinema only to win awards
I don't care if I don't win awards, I really don't care," he added.
Arbaaz On Malaika
Talking about his personal life, Arbaaz, who has separated from estranged wife and actress-model Malaika Arora Khan, said, "See you have a choice, either you look back at your life and sit back, or you look at it as a lesson and say, 'Okay, I am going to move on from here'.''
"Any loss that you suffer - be it money-wise, somebody's demise in the family or a relationship, life goes on. Human beings are meant to survive."
I Don't Have Any Real Expectations
When asked about the types of roles he looks for, Arbaaz said, "I just wait for people to offer me something that I feel is suited. I don't have any real expectations. When somebody comes to me, I feel that they have somewhere made up in their mind that I fit the character. So I trust them."
Arbaaz said as a film producer, he is more selective about his choices, but as an actor he is more available.
"In a year, I can do five-six films as an actor, but I can't do the same as a director. I have to select one. As an actor, I keep myself available because I like to experiment. When I am directing films, I am a little more particular, careful and choosy. But as an actor I love to experiment," he said.
Directed by Keshav Panneriy, Jeena Isi Ka Naam Hai, which also features Himansh Kohli, Manjari Fadnis, Prem Chopra, Ashutosh Rana and Supriya Pathak apart from Arbaaz, is slated to release on March 3.
After this film, Arbaaz said that he will start working on Dabangg 3 early next year.