- NEW INSIDE PICS: How Aishwarya Rai, Salman Khan, Shahrukh Khan PARTIED ALL NIGHT At Sonam's Wedding
- Deepika Padukone Breaks Into A Cute Dance For Her Boyfriend Ranveer Singh On His Birthday!
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh's Wedding To Take Place In India, Not In Italy!
- Birthday Special: 5 Reasons Why Ranveer Singh Should Get The 'Best Boyfriend' Trophy
- SANJU SUCCESS: Ranbir Kapoor Says It's Amazing To Compete Against Ranveer Singh's Role Of 'Khilji'
- Shahrukh Khan Gets Special Treatment From Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh; Wedding Fixed On Nov 12
- Did Tiger Shroff Refuse To Work With Ranveer Singh? Karan Johar Reacts To Reports!
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Shahrukh Khan Blames This Person For Adding To His Stress!
- Karan Johar's Favourite Rejected; He Didn't Want To Sign Sara Ali Khan With Ranveer Singh In Simmba
- Deepika Padukone To Step Into Sridevi's Shoes For A Remake?
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels JEALOUS Of Ranveer Singh's Success? Here's What The Actor Has To Say!
- This Is What Ranbir Kapoor Said About Vidhu Vinod Chopra's Statement On Casting Ranveer For Sanju
When it comes to Deepika Padukone, trust Ranveer Singh to always make some candid confessions.
The much-in-love couple are now all set to complete a hatrick with their upcoming film 'Padmavati' after working together in 'Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram Leela' and 'Bajirao Mastani'.
In a recent Filmfare interview, the actor had some adorable things to say about Deepika. Scroll down to read more...
Are You Listening Deepika?
When asked about working with Deepika in Padmavati, Ranveer said, " I have no scenes with her in this film at all. But it's nice to have someone you can confide in. It's comforting. It's great to have someone who can relate to your problems. It was definitely a good feeling to have."
Ask him whether he is scared about playing a negative role in Padmavati and he says, "I'm shit scared. I'm playing an anti-hero. Only when I see the film, will I be able to assess my character. It's a risky move for me. That's why I took so much time to sign it. For a mainstream leading man to make a choice like this at this stage is dicey. It's a despicable character. He's mean. "
When Ranveer Was Told 'Beware'!
He added, "One of my seniors, and who I believe is one of the greatest actors of all time, advised me to be careful. She told me the Indian audience is naïve. If they love a character, the love will transfer to the actor who played it. In this case, if they hate my character, the hate will be transferred to me. I felt if I had to play negative, it had to be with Mr Bhansali. Also, I cannot say no to him. If I have any standing, it's because of his films.
Ranveer Feels Indebted To Bhansali
"He gave me Goliyon Ki Raasleela - Ram-Leela at a time when my career wasn't going great guns. He had me play Bajirao in Bajirao Mastani, a character that was ahead of my years. I'm indebted to him as an artiste. He has pushed my boundaries and got the best out of me."
On Padmavati Being In A Lot Of Controversy
Ranveer says, "I do have strong opinions on this subject, which I wish to express. But I've been requested by the team to not voice it to avoid further hurdles. I channeled the angst into my performance. These are issues none of us anticipated. It's unfortunate.
Apart from all these external issues, I knew this whole process would be ball-busting. I was ready for the testing times. Sometimes, it's difficult to pick yourself up and go back to work next morning because it's so draining. It takes a toll on your physical and mental health. But it's all for a greater purpose. These films are for posterity."
The Magic Called Sanjay Leela Bhansali
"Sanjay Leela Bhanslali is truly an enigma. He's a special man. He's blessed with these unreal talents. He's hypersensitive and intelligent. He cannot digest mediocrity. The defining phrase for Mr Bhansali would be ‘the relentless pursuit of excellence', concluded Ranveer.
Talking about Padmavati, the magnum opus stars Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Shahid Kapoor in lead roles and is slated to release on 1st December.