- Ranveer Singh's Simmba Will Not Clash With SRK's Zero; Rohit Shetty Reveals The Reason!
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Will Not Marry In 2018, But 2019 It Is! Read Details
- Ranveer Singh Renovates His House, Could It Be For The Wedding With Deepika Padukone?
- An Usually Cool Deepika Padukone Loses Temper When Asked About Her Wedding With Ranveer Singh!
- After Anushka Sharma, Ranveer Singh Loses His Temper & Scolds A Man For Rash Driving! See Video
- Ranveer Singh Or Tiger Shroff? Who Will Star In Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Next!
- Deepika Padukone To Confirm Her Wedding Details Soon! Here's Proof
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Breaks Silence On Collaborating With Ranveer Singh After Rejecting His 3 Films!
- Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone To Perform Nandi Puja Ahead Of Their Wedding!
- Bollywood Dancer Abhijeet Shinde Commits Suicide!
- Ranveer Singh Finds Simmba Very Challenging!
- Nick Jonas & Priyanka Chopra Engagement: Deepika Padukone Wasn't Invited But Ranveer Singh Was?
When it comes to Deepika Padukone, trust Ranveer Singh to always make some candid confessions.
The much-in-love couple are now all set to complete a hatrick with their upcoming film 'Padmavati' after working together in 'Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram Leela' and 'Bajirao Mastani'.
In a recent Filmfare interview, the actor had some adorable things to say about Deepika. Scroll down to read more...
Are You Listening Deepika?
When asked about working with Deepika in Padmavati, Ranveer said, " I have no scenes with her in this film at all. But it's nice to have someone you can confide in. It's comforting. It's great to have someone who can relate to your problems. It was definitely a good feeling to have."
Ask him whether he is scared about playing a negative role in Padmavati and he says, "I'm shit scared. I'm playing an anti-hero. Only when I see the film, will I be able to assess my character. It's a risky move for me. That's why I took so much time to sign it. For a mainstream leading man to make a choice like this at this stage is dicey. It's a despicable character. He's mean. "
When Ranveer Was Told 'Beware'!
He added, "One of my seniors, and who I believe is one of the greatest actors of all time, advised me to be careful. She told me the Indian audience is naïve. If they love a character, the love will transfer to the actor who played it. In this case, if they hate my character, the hate will be transferred to me. I felt if I had to play negative, it had to be with Mr Bhansali. Also, I cannot say no to him. If I have any standing, it's because of his films.
Ranveer Feels Indebted To Bhansali
"He gave me Goliyon Ki Raasleela - Ram-Leela at a time when my career wasn't going great guns. He had me play Bajirao in Bajirao Mastani, a character that was ahead of my years. I'm indebted to him as an artiste. He has pushed my boundaries and got the best out of me."
On Padmavati Being In A Lot Of Controversy
Ranveer says, "I do have strong opinions on this subject, which I wish to express. But I've been requested by the team to not voice it to avoid further hurdles. I channeled the angst into my performance. These are issues none of us anticipated. It's unfortunate.
Apart from all these external issues, I knew this whole process would be ball-busting. I was ready for the testing times. Sometimes, it's difficult to pick yourself up and go back to work next morning because it's so draining. It takes a toll on your physical and mental health. But it's all for a greater purpose. These films are for posterity."
The Magic Called Sanjay Leela Bhansali
"Sanjay Leela Bhanslali is truly an enigma. He's a special man. He's blessed with these unreal talents. He's hypersensitive and intelligent. He cannot digest mediocrity. The defining phrase for Mr Bhansali would be ‘the relentless pursuit of excellence', concluded Ranveer.
Talking about Padmavati, the magnum opus stars Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Shahid Kapoor in lead roles and is slated to release on 1st December.