- London Diaries: Kareena Kapoor & Karisma Kapoor Head To London With Daddy Randhir Kapoor, View Pics
- Forget Kareena Kapoor & Saif Ali Khan; Taimur Steals The Thunder In London! View Pictures
- Ranbir Kapoor Is OBSESSED With This Person & Stalks Him At Every Given Opportunity!
- Kareena Kapoor & Saif Ali Khan Spotted Strolling The Streets Of London With Taimur [PICTURES]
- Saif Ali Khan Gets Notice From Bulgarian Govt For Wild Boar Hunting
- Kareena Kapoor Is Unstoppable; Fought The 'Wedding & Baby' Shackles In Bollywood
- Kareena Kapoor BLASTS Feminists For Their Non-stop Lecture, Says She's A Feminist In The RIGHT WAY
- Kareena Kapoor Khan & Saif Ai Khan Feel AWFUL About Taimur Getting Clicked Wherever He Goes!
- How A 'Worried' Saif Ali Khan Helped Sara Ali Khan In Bagging Rohit Shetty- Karan Johar's Simmba!
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Is Thankful To Hubby Saif Ali Khan For Being Supportive After Taimur's Birth
- Rohit Shetty: Simmba Is Very Different From Singham!
- Here's What Kareena Kapoor Wants Taimur To Become When He Grows Up!
Saif Ali Khan recently talked about the entire controversy related to his son Taimur Ali Khan's name and how it is connected to Shahrukh Khan too.
Read what the actor told NDTV below.
It's Just A Nice Name
"I knew a couple of people called Taimur when I was growing up. There was no drama involved in there name. It's just a nice name. It means iron and it is a strong and beautiful sounding name.''
I Am Aware There Is A Mongol Ruler Who Was Possible A Little Violent
‘'I am aware that there is Turkish-Mongol ruler who possibly violent. I have not named Taimur after him. The reason I named him was because of the sound of it and the family connection.''
One Of Timur's Sons Was Named Shahrukh
''Also to judge the past with today's lens. Name doesn't really mean anything. And one more thing actually, that emperor Timur, one of his very able general was his son and his name was Shahrukh.So if we get into everyone's name, we will be changing everyone's name like Kolkata airport."
I Can't Name My Son Alexander Or Ram
"I'm aware that there's a certain amount of Islamophobia in the world today and as Muslims, if we don't somehow own it then who will? I can't very well name my son Alexander and realistically can't name him Ram. So why not a nice Muslim name and bring him up with secular values so that people meeting him say 'what a nice guy' and that's the end of the name."
What Had Happened?
Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor were heavily trolled on Twitter when they named their son Taimur as many thought that he was named after Timur, the Central Asian conqueror who ransacked Delhi in the 13th century.
In the past too, Saif Ali Khan had told a daily, ''Perhaps, I should have added a disclaimer, as they do in the movies, that any resemblance to any person, living or dead, is purely coincidental."
On the professional front, Saif Ali Khan is currently promoting his film Rangoon, in which he has worked with Kangana Ranaut and Shahid Kapoor.