TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- CBI War: Nageshwar Rao Appointed Interim Director, Verma, Asthana Sent On Leave
- OnePlus Pop-Up Events Announced: Buy OnePlus 6T With Free Food And Goodies
- Ever Been To This Ancient Village Of Tigawa In Madhya Pradesh?
- Ever Tried Using Kiwi For Strong & Shiny Hair?
- THIS Actor Caught Deepika Padukone Sitting On Ranveer Singh's Lap; Reveals How Their Romance Begun!
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- Manchester United 0 Juventus 1: Dybala Downs Mourinho's Men On Ronaldo's Return
- Paytm FD Offers Interest At The Rate Of 8%; Know How To Avail It
Sanjay Leela Bhansali's recently released Padmaavat is currently the talk of the town. While people loved Shahid Kapoor and Deepika Padukone's role, it was Ranveer Singh's Alauddin Khilji who took major praises back home.
But is all this attention making him feel awkward after stealing away the show from his co-stars? Here's what he had to say...
He Doesn't Want To Take Away The Credit
While talking to Film Companion, Ranveer said, "Everybody is a part of the same film. I am not into one-upmanship at all."
Ranveer Is Not Into Unhealthy Competition
"I have done a two-hero film, I have done an ensemble film. I am not into all this at all. I have a theatre background, so for me it is all about collaborating. It is a very collaborative process," the actor added.
He Feels His Co-Stars Bring Out The Best In Him
He quipped, "You are only as good as your co-actor. Take Jim Sarbh for instance, he enhances my performance. Alia Bhatt in Gully Boy, I feel like I don't have to do anything, she is doing it for me. I just have to be there and react. This is the type of collaborative approach I have."
He Isn't Into Rivalry
"I am not into ‘I am going to do my thing and let's see what he got'. I am not into the competitive vibe. I feel it harms. It's rooted in negativity and I am not that definitely."
He Is In A Happy Phase
Speaking about his upcoming projects, Ranveer said, "Right now, I am in a very good phase. I have got Gully Boy, then Simmba after that and then 1983. Sometimes, for months on end, no exciting film is coming your way. But, I am really blessed and thankful that I had such a period where such wonderful films were offered to me and I am doing them. So, I am damn happy and really looking forward to my upcoming slate."
Is Hollywood Next On His Mind Like Lady Love Deepika Padukone?
To this, he replied, "I really want to do something in the English language, because I went to a school where the medium of instruction was English. It is one of my main languages. I studied in the United States and I really want to do something in my other language which is English. There have been some opportunities that for some reason didn't happen. But, I think the right thing will happen at the right time. I want to explore that and I think I'll do good."