- Benedict Cumberbatch Will Be Seen In A New Role, Stopping Time
- Benedict Cumberbatch Confirms His Involvement In Avengers: Infinity War
- Benedict Cumberbatch Wants Director Scott Derrickson To Return For Doctor Strange 2
- Doctor Strange Creator Planning For A Sequel
- Benedict Cumberbatch Getting Transformed Into Sherlock Holmes Alter-Ego
- Benedict Cumberbatch Doesn't Think Himself As A Hollywood Star
Good news for Benedict Cumberbatch but sad news for his female fans. The handsome Sherlock Holmes' star is off market as the actor is now engaged! Benedict got engaged to theatre director Sophie Hunter. This exclusive news was broken when 'The Imitation Game' star announced to The Times.
The engagement news has been confirmed but nothing is yet known about the marriage. We need to wait to know when the pair will walk down the aisle.
Benedict Cumberbatch like a typical gentleman and boyfriend flew to Edinburgh to ask her mother's permission for her daughter's hand in marriage.
The 38-year-old broke many hearts when he announced his engagement to actress and theatre director Sophie Hunter, with a notice in today's Times.
Before the engagement news was announced, it was rumoured that Benedict secretly tied the knot with Hunter exchanging vows in front of family and friends in an intimate morning ceremony at a hidden location.
So who is Sophie Hunter? The 36-year-old actress and theatre director has done a number of film and TV shows, including roles in Torchwood and Midsomer Murders, and a small part in the 2004 film, Vanity Fair.
She also starred alongside David Tennant in the 2004 short film Traffic Warden.
Love blossomed between Benedict and Sophie Hunter on the set of Susan Luciani's film Burlesque Fairytales, which was released in 2009. Hunter played Annabel Blythe-Smith to Cumberbatch's Henry Clark.