TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
Villain, the much awaited Mohanlal starrer, directed by B Unnikrishnan did start off its run in the theatres on October 27, 2017. Being one of the most awaited films of the year the film came in with a huge baggage of expectations.
Reportedly, Villain released in a record number of screens and now the film has successfully completed the first week of its run. Yes, Villain had to face some backlash in the form of the mixed reviews that it received on day 1 but still the movie has managed to remain steady at the box offi
Keep scrolling down to read Villain box office collection report and know how much the film collected on its first week..
First Day Collection
According to the reports, Villain got a record breaking opening as the film fetched approximately 4.91 Crores on its opening day. The film got a real big release with a record number of shows on day 1.
Despite the mixed reviews that the film received on its initial days, Villain managed to do a fine business during the weekend. If the trade reports are to be believed, Villain crossed the 10-Crore mark within the first 3 days.
7 Days Kerala Collections
Villain has completed 1 week of its run in Kerala and according to the trade reports, the Mohanlal starrer has fetched 12.7 Crores from its 7 days of run. There was a slight dip in the box office collections during the weekdays.
Villain got a fine opening at the Kochi multiplexes but the movie couldn't repeat the same magic during the weekdays. According to a report by Forum Keralam, the movie collected 46.42 Lakhs from its 7 days of run in the Kochi multiplexes. The movie is expected to pick up pace in the upcoming weekend.
A Big Release In UAE
Meanwhile, Villain made a big release in UAE on November 2, 2017. Reportedly, the film has been released in 80 centres across UAE/GCC and thus making it the third largest release for a Malayalam movie in UAE. The box office collection figures haven't been revealed yet.
According to the reports, Villain is still continuing in majority of the release centres despite the arrival of the new movies. If Villain could do a good business during the upcoming weekend that definitely would be a positive sign.