- Bairavaa To Take Over Kerala Theatres: 5 Vijay Movies That Rocked Kerala Box Office!
- Pulimurugan Box Office: Beats Kaththi, Vedalam & Singam 2
- Chiranjeevi's Kaththi Remake In Trouble, Dasari Narayana Rao Orders For Non-Cooperation
- Megastar Chiranjeevi's New Look For Kaththi?
- V V Vinayak Apologizes To Fans For Akhil's Failure
- Bollywood Actor Vivek Oberoi To Play The Baddie In Chiranjeevi's Kaththi Remake?
Kerala's film distributor who recently bought Vijay starrer Kaththi for 4.5 crore rupees has shocked everyone by saying he is most likely to incur a loss of 2 crore rupees as the film has failed to create the same kind of magic that it created on the opening day of its release in the state.
The film which was released in over 100 theatres in God's own country collected nearly 1 crore rupees on the first day and its money making ability has gone down over 50 percent from the next day onwards, according to the distributor.
Tamil films in Kerala are usually sold at a price tag of 2 crore rupees. But after buying Kaththi for a whopping 4.5 crore rupees, the distributor has reportedly spent 1 crore rupees extra for advertising the movie on a grand scale. The alleged loss is said likely to be incurred as most of the theatres in Kerala are planning to expunge the movie by the end of this week.
After Vijay's noble act of visiting Unnikrishnan's family, Read: Vijay Cries Off-Camera will he follow Rajinikanth's suit of compensating for the loss suffered by his film's distributor if and when Kaththi's distributor faces a loss of over 2 crore rupees? Well, all eyes are now on the Kerala distributor and Ilayathalapathy Vijay.