- With Kaala Set To Release, We Take A Look At Box Office Performances Of Rajinikanth's Last 5 Films
- Kabali Fever Grips Kerala: 6 Rajinikanth Movies From The Past That Took Kerala Box Office By Storm!
- Rockline Venkatesh Chooses Dhanush's Movies To Remake In Kannada!
- NOT AGAIN: Rajinikanth Summoned By Madurai Court
- SHOCKER: MCA Graduate Pulls Ilayathalapathy Vijay, AR Murugadoss To Court
- Producers' Council Wants To Stop The Release Of Tamil Films But Vishal Says Paayum Puli Will Pounce
After becoming the fastest Tamil movie to hit the 100 crore mark, Lingaa's impressive box office collection is growing from strength to strength. After posing nightmare to the likes of Action Jackson by hindering its box office collection, Lingaa has managed to beat Kaththi convincingly to become the most successful film of the year at the box office.
It became the only Tamil movie to amass a whopping 32 crore rupees on its first day of release beating Ilayathalapathy Vijay's Kaththi which collected 23.45 crores on the first day worldwide. Lingaa has also broken the record set by Kaththi for the biggest weekend opening. Kaththi had collected 71 crore rupees on its first weekend after being released on a Thursday owing to Diwali festival while Lingaa has collected close to 100 crores(approx).
However, the collections of Lingaa has gone down marginally in its second week. The total box office collections worldwide stands at 120 crore rupees(approx). The Rajinikanth-Anushka-Sonakshi starrer is expected to join the 150 crore club by the end of this week.
The only Tamil film that has crossed the 250 crore mark is Shankar's Enthiran, while Kamal Haasan's Vishwaroopam and Dasavathaaram have grossed over 200 crore rupees. Lingaa will become the second Rajinikanth and overall the fourth Tamil movie to join the 200 crore club if and when it gets there. Lingaa has surprised many by doing extremely well at the US box office in spite of receiving ordinary reviews by critics in the Land of Liberty.