TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Sabarimala Temple Row: Hindu Aikya Vedi Leader KP Sasikala Reaches The Hilltop Shrine
- How To Send Large Files Via Email
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Lux Golden Rose Awards: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Looks Like A Bombshell
- Meet Lulu Hashimoto, The “Living Doll” Fashion Model
- Rupee Loses Ground After Opening Flat
- Travel Guide To Abhaneri – The City Of Brightness
- "The Indian Team Is Ready To Leave Their Mark In Australia", Says Rohit Sharma
As expected, Rajinikanth starrer Lingaa received overwhelming response from fans all over the world when it scorched its way into record number of theatres for any regional language movie. After enjoying the tag, 'the most anticipated movie of the year' Lingaa has not disappointed its producers and distributors for it has already created a new record at box office in its first weekend.
Yes, Lingaa now becomes the fastest Tamil film to join the 100 crore club after amassing a mammoth 102 crore rupees(approx) in its first weekend. On its first day(Friday) itself, the movie managed to gross 32 crore rupees becoming the first Kollywood movie to do so.
On Friday(Dec 12), Tamil Nadu alone contributed 13 crores and the total South Indian collection stood at 22.6 crores. With North India just contributing 50 lakh rupees, major part of the contribution came from overseas with US according 2.5 crore rupees.
On its second day too Lingaa managed to put up a similar show by collecting an impressive 29 crores. By the end of the second day, the total amount accumulated by the movie stood at 64.1 crores which meant Lingaa had to gather approximately 36 crore rupees on Sunday to become the fastest Tamil flick to hit a century.
Lingaa did that handsomely alright, as the movie performed well on its third day owing to the fact that it was a holiday. Lingaa's total box office collection worldwide now stands at approximately 102 crore rupees. If the movie manages to perform well in its second week, then Lingaa might go on to become the fastest Tamil movie to join the 200 crore club.
Also Read: Lingaa Critics And Viewers Review