- Samuthirakani To Revive His Mentor K Balachander's Final Script
- Ilayathalapathy Vijay Contributes 15 Lakh Rupees And An Undisclosed Amount!
- Uttama Villain Movie Review: Kamal Haasan Is The Uttaman But Screenplay And Editing Are The Villains
- Prakash Raj's Top 10 Performances In Tamil!
- Rajinikanth's Director Ameerjan No More
- Holi Spl: Superstar Rajinikanth Gets The Biggest Gift Of His Life On This Auspicious Festival Day!
K Balachander's demise filled each and every movie lover's heart with despair. With many film personalities recalling their memorable moments with the trend-setting director, Superstar Rajinikanth too shared an interesting incident, his first encounter with K Balachander.
Rajinikanth recently revealed that when he first met the Iyakunar Sigaram, he went up to him to ask if he could enact a few scenes from a couple of Sivaji Ganesan movies to prove his talent. After K Balachander gave his approval, then Shivaji Rao Gaekwad chose to reprise prominent scenes from Veerapandiya Kattabomman and Parasakthi.
After trying his best to recreate Sivaji Ganesan's magical dialogue deliveries and body language, Rajinikanth was disappointed to hear from Balachander that he had been rejected. But what the maverick director said thereafter changed Rajinikanth's life forever.
After dismissing Rajinikanth's plea to cast him in his film straight away, the Kalki director had suggested Rajinikanth to develop a style of his own. An uplifted Rajinikanth did exactly that before meeting K Balachander once again and rest as they say is history.
Meanwhile Kamal Haasan, the finest find by Balachander has come up with a tribute of his own to his mentor after missing his funeral. Kamal, who was inspired by two doyens of stage plays when he was young, has decided to dedicate his own theater troupe to them which will be started soon.
Avvai Shanmugam and K Balachander were two theatre personalities Kamal grew up watching and hence Kamal Haasan's drama troupe will be named after them as Balashanmugam drama troupe.